Monday, November 27, 2006

something from the other day

I want him to love me as I am, with lipstick.

I want him to wrap his arms around me from behind and hold me in silence.

How much it hurts to talk about breakfast.

Now, this is gourmet.

I never had a mantra until that moment.

Put the cake in the freezer.

Choose words carefully.

Music, always music.

We walk, the bus is not coming. The bus passes us in between bus stops, no closer to the clouds of the drizzly sky than we are.

Snow stops before landing on sidewalk.

You see only desert no road, no water, no one.

You do not see because you are preoccupied looking for other things.

I gave you what I wanted for myself.

How much time have I spent waiting?

Seasons make waiting bearable.

listen to ME.

Rewrites history. Avoids future.

Pack, pack, pack.

1 Comments:

Blogger Thomasjohn Folksinger Wells Miller said...

"The bus passes us in between bus stops, no closer to the clouds of the drizzly sky than we are." Will we pass this way again? I thought it was raining outside and the I looked out the window. It's blazing. Yooou got me.

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home